Last Modified: November 8, 2018
Curo is a project management application that is used by businesses to manage projects. Curo Software, LLC, is a service provider who provides certain data processing services at our client’s specific direction. Curo does not intend to provide services directly to individual consumers who are not acting as businesses.
As a user, your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you in order to provide the Curo app service that is contracted by the company that is your employer or client.
What information we collect about you
Information that we collect automatically about every user
- Email address used to log into Curo
- First and last name
- Current and previous IP address used to access Curo
- User agent information from your web browser or mobile app, that includes device model, Curo app version, and operating system version
- On mobile, a device specific identifier used to transmit push notifications
- On the web, session cookies are used to track when you are logged into the app
Information we may collect if certain features are enabled by your company
- GPS location for the purpose of accurately displaying your location on the floor plan/map and for placing new service requests on the map
- Mobile phone number to send text messages
Information you provide directly
- Information that you enter into the application, including but not limited to:
- comments and notes on service requests
- Photos, videos, or files that you choose to attach to a service request or comment
- Information you provide through our support channels. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue
What we do with it
Curo provides data processing services at the specific direction of the company that is your employer or client.
- Your name and e-mail address are shared with other users of the Curo app within the same company. This is used by other users to assign work to you and to track performance in business reports.
- Your e-mail address is used to send you
- Account maintenance communications, such as a password reset e-mail should you choose to utilize the “I Forgot My Password” function or to provide you a link to unlock your account should you enter the wrong password too many times
- Notifications based upon your choices in the consent management dashboard
- Communication about Curo training that is requested by your company administrator or location manager
- Educational messages with highlights and tips so that you may be know about all of the capabilities of the Curo application if you have subscribed to receive those
- Your mobile device identifier is used to transmit push notifications to your device
- The IP addresses that you use to access Curo are logged for security purposes to detect and prevent fraud and are regularly reviewed by our security team
- Session cookies are used only to maintain your logged in status to Curo web app
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States of America to host the information we collect. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee that data is safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Information identifying you: We retain your information as long as required by the administrator of the company account.
- Information you share through the app: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of the Services. For example, we continue to display comments, attachments, and other content you provided to service requests.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies on the public website for a reasonable period of time.
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to consent and revoke consent to e-mail notifications or direct marketing.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
In the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint:
- Directly with Curo at the address below or through our support channels.
- With the competent data protection authority in the European Union.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information.
Contact Your Company Administrator
Because Curo is a data processor who services at the specific direction of the company that is your employer or client, please contact the administrator of the company.
We will follow their specific directions as to what to do with your information.
Contact Curo Directly
If you believe that your request is not adequately addressed by your company administrator, you may contact Curo directly and we will review the situation and work to address your request if permissible by law.
Curo Software LLC
Attn: Privacy Compliance
2105 Barrett Park Dr
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information unless the company administrator provides documented evidence that the child is legally employed and the child’s parent or legal guardian has given permission for the child to work for the company and to use the Curo application for work purposes.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Although most changes are likely to be minor, Curo may change our Privacy Statement from time to time. We will provide notification to Users of material changes to this Privacy Statement through our website, and the Curo app, at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our home page, on the Curo app dashboard, or sending email to you. For changes to this Privacy Statement that do not affect your rights, we encourage visitors to check this page frequently.